วันศุกร์ที่ 29 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

Honda Dreams

Author : Kenneth C. Hoffman
They finally got it right. The first time I saw a Honda was in a hotel parking lot. There in the sun was a miniature car, bright red, gleaming with chrome and polished like a Rolls Royce in drag. I couldn't believe the quality of paint compared to the American equivalent a la Falcon, Chevy II and Plymouth Dusters. A week of dedicated browsing turned up a 1979 Honda Civic Coupe five speed with the celebrated CVCC engine. Zero to sixty in nine seconds and thirty-five miles-per-gallon to boot. The engine purred like a sewing machine and revved to seven thousand RPM. Of course it was RED and it went 100K miles without repair.I had been considering replacing my eleven-year-old Honda Accord Coupe that boasts of 169K trouble-free miles. The 2000 Honda Civic HX Coupe possessed every feature I could wish for except remote keyless entry, cruise control, and a motor with enough power. I guess the powers-that-be paid attention to the wishes of the public, because all of these features are included in the 2001 Honda Civic HX model including an amazing automatic transmission with an infinite number of gears, 41 MPG on the highway, electric door locks, positionable steering column, power mirrors, high filtration air conditioning, aluminum wheels and an in-dash CD/cassette/radio.After waiting two months for an HX in Clover Green Pearl, I finally took posession of my new 2001 Honda Civic. The interior is ten per cent larger than last year, raising it into the compact category. The engine is ten per cent more powerful, yet weighs seven pounds less. Many cars are more beautiful like the Acura CL, Porche Boxter, and the VW Passat, but none can claim the luxury of a new, soft, but road holding suspension, ergonomic perfection (everything important is within reach), and with gas going up to three dollars a gallon, economical. I will choose the European flavored leaf green metallic paint with a leather-look beige interior. No other car comes close to the Honda Civic HX in planet-saving features (Ultra low emissions) and low cost (under $16,000). In October
the new Honda Civics are going on sale. I love the new modern design and the Civic Hybrid is a
marvel of automotive invention. But I still love my 2001 Civic and I'll keep it until one of us dies.Not really a car nut, but I do polish my Honda every week.
Keyword : cars, Honda, mileage

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: