วันศุกร์ที่ 15 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

Taking The Next Step - Part Two

Author : Alison Forsyth
So now I've asked Ann to please just sit down and write, step-by-step, exactly what she buys and does to put together her wonderful vegetarian meals, and we will take this and put it into a How-To book and voilà – she'll have the book she's always been wanting to write and I'll have a real guide, one I can use, to enjoy the foods I know I ought to eat but just can't make tasty enough by myself!Hmmm, writing this "article" which seemed so challenging to me at the start hasn't been so difficult after all. Maybe because I haven't tried to come across as anyone other than myself, as knowing anything other that what I know.Some people have the knack of putting into words an experience in such a way that it just encapsulates and describes everything so perfectly. I think I kind of felt that if I couldn't do that, then I shouldn't do it at all. If I couldn't be perfect, I had no business putting words on paper for others to read at all.This is what happens when we go into comparison mode maybe. Or when we are just starting out on a new learning experience – we can barely play chopsticks and want to be Chopin already.And guess what – it's quite liberating to know that I'm going to put this article out there, for you to read, and it's not perfect and it's not literature – and that's OK, it's my creation, my baby so to speak, and I feel good about the fact that I'm actually doing this! I'm talking about stuff which is important to me and putting it into my own words and someone out there is going to understand exactly where I'm coming from, and my words might make a difference in his or her life. Even if I start out a little clumsy, and fall down often, I'm starting out anyway. That's the point! I feel stretched by this, and I feel a little trepidation, and a little fear, and definitely a little identity crisis. But I'm not going to let this hold me back, not this time.Again, I read somewhere that if you think about the actual feeling of fear, and the actual feeling of excitement, those feelings have no physical difference in your body. Both manifest in a dry mouth, a little shakiness, a few butterflies in the stomach. The difference is in the THOUGHTS you have about the feeling.So maybe this same feeling comes over you just before you climb into your new car – we label it "Excitement". And the exact same physical feeling comes over you just before your interview for a new job – we label it "Fear". But which label empowers us? Excitement, right? This is what is meant by taking responsibility for our thoughts – we CAN choose our attitude to life experiences by choosing how we will label them and thereby what kind of thoughts we will have about them. And this in turn generates a totally different experience. How about that!So here's to your excitement, here's to your taking a stand and making a new move. And here's to me learning how to make more sense in my writing, to gaining experience by simply taking each new step as it comes, but yes – actually taking the next step. Not quailing from fear and self-doubt and letting those labels stop me from doing anything I want to do.
Here's to taking the next step!AlisonAlison Forsyth (http://www.kwantumliving.com) qualified in ReiFlexology through the ReiFlexology Healing Academy of S.A.
She is a Reiki Master in the Usui System of Natural Healing; a Mile Graduate of Insight Training Center; is currently studying and practicing Qigong and Jin Shin Jyutsu, and beginning NLP training.
Keyword : challenging,trust,learning,thoughts,success

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: