วันศุกร์ที่ 7 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2551

Make Luck Happen

Author : David Askaripour
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more luck I have."Thomas JeffersonI couldn't agree more with Mr. Jefferson, luck is truly a product of our efforts, hard work, and the persistence we maintain to get what we want in life – to make our dreams a reality.Some people think that you need a great amount of luck in order to be successful in life. I don't think that's entirely true, but I do think that a little bit of luck can really make things happens for us.Luck is that strange thing that comes to you when you least expect it and it usually hits you hard. I ran into some luck last winter when my mom informed me that she was taking care (she's a nurse) of a businessman who, "supposedly made it really big" she explained to me.Now being a curious entrepreneur, I automatically wondered who this person was and how he became successful in life. After a few days of begging my mom for his number so that I could give him a call and inquire about his business, she finally broke and gave it up (see what I mean about persistence – thanks mom!).A few days later I called this man and began talking about his business and the story behind his financial empire he built in the investment industry. I just kept on asking and asking and he was very glad to share and share, it was great (as an entrepreneur never stop asking questions, ok).It turned out that this man used to run the second largest bond firm in the country some years back – wow! After that first call he even invited me over to his Manhattan apartment and we've been in contact ever since.I've learned a lot about business from this man and I cherish the long talks that we've had about various business topics, family, and friends—priceless. So would I call it luck that I met this person? Yes and no. No because I was the one who decided to take the chance to cold call this total stranger and start asking a million questions (you could just about call it an interview). Yes, because it turned out that this man was (before he retired) a huge player in the investment sector and has been a huge asset to me and my business – I had no idea that we'd continue to talk after that initial conversation, let alone be invited to his beautiful home on numerous occasions.So in life luck will come to those who seek it by creating favorable situations that invite luck to appear (my phone call), not to those who sit back and wait for it.Now get out there, work hard, take risks, and luck will find you sooner or later.Read more about entrepreneurship: http://www.cashcampus.com/fttDavid Askaripour
Cashcampus,LLC Founder
http://www.cashcampus.com/ftt
Keyword : student,entrepreneur,student business,business,entrepreneurs,school,college

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: