วันศุกร์ที่ 8 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

Real Moments - The Essence Of Life

Author : Al Lipper
A key element in experiencing those moments in our life that we really remember is having a sense of greater purpose in life. That is, a clear, big-picture vision of what you want your life to be about. At this point, you may be thinking "That's ridiculous, my life is about so many things." Of course it is, life is dynamic and complex. But, are there a few key things that you hope to achieve in your lifetime? One of mine is "To create an amazing family." This includes raising healthy, well-adjusted kids, having a great relationship with my wife and also taking care of myself both physically and emotionally. There are certainly more aspects to this vision that I didn't mention, as well as many details that make up those I did. Think about how much time I'll spend with my kids to raise them as I hope to. I'll spend many hours of each week focused on my kids, and not surprisingly, much of this time will be made of moments that will feel totally rich and fulfilling. This time is distinctly different from doing something like randomly surfing the net, something which is likely to provide very little in the way of "real moments." So, why does one feel rich and fulfilling, and the other one not?The key to the good feelings in the spending time with my kids is tied back to the fact that it is part of a greater life vision that I value significantly, namely, to create an amazing family. I've made this a priority in my life because on a deep level, having this type of family is very important – and fulfilling – to me. So, while not every moment I spend with my kids is richly fulfilling, I know the chances of having such a moment is much greater than it would be with an activity that is not aligned with my greater vision. You might be wondering, "what does this have to do having more time and feeling less overwhelmed?" When we feel unfulfilled in key areas of life, our subconscious has a way of "easing the pain" by motivating us to engage in distraction-type activities. Have you ever noticed that after a day of racing around, primarily doing things for others, you feel like you just need to "unplug", maybe mindlessly watching TV, reading the newspaper or surfing the internet? This is our subconscious mind's way of saying "Hey, I'm not getting what I need." When we consciously devote time to activities that fulfill our deeper sense of life purpose, most people find they feel must less driven to spend time "unplugging" from daily life. The result? You will have more time to do the things that need to get done, AND feel happier in your life in general.Getting started usually involves creating a personal mission statement. Just as a business has a mission statement, so do people. It's just that most don't know it yet. When I work with clients to help them discover their mission, I ask questions like:"When you are 95 years old, on your deathbed, what do you want to have achieved in your life?""What would make you feel like saying 'YES! I did it!'""What would you like to leave behind for others?"Considering these ideas should give you a good start. Don't try to get your mission perfect the first time – it will evolve. A couple of examples are:"To find happiness, fulfillment, and value in living, I will seek out all of the pleasures and joys that life has to offer. The greatest joy of all is being worthy of the respect and admiration of family, friends, and business associates.""To selflessly give to others my time and resources such that this world may be a better place. To earn a small fortune to provide all of the comforts I desire for myself and my family. To follow the word of God in all that I do."Yours will be whatever is right for you. Once you have an idea down on paper, the next step is to start living it. Use it as a guide for what to spend time on, and for making decisions. For example, if your mission includes volunteering, then be sure to set aside time to volunteer on a regular basis. Be aware that sometimes the things that we deeply value most also seem to be the hardest to spend time on. This is a topic for another day, but rest assured that the more you practice those values expressed in your personal mission, the easier it gets. I personally read mine every day before I begin work. The key is to use whatever strategy works for you in living your life in integrity with you mission. I think you'll find that following your personal mission will help you to experience a more fulfilled, happier and more balanced life.Al Lipper offers Personal Life and Small Business Coaching services for holistic people seeking life balance, small business professionals, and men's issues.
Contact him for a complimentary session to find out how he can accelerate you towards getting the life you want.
http://www.destinysuccess.com
Keyword : life coach, life coaching, business coach, business coaching, goal setting, personal improvement

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: