วันศุกร์ที่ 22 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

What Is It Like For Me To Be a Mormon? A Member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Author : Eva Fry
I have been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Mormons) for 35 years. Many years ago I went on a journey to discover beliefs, which felt right for me. I am very grateful I found my Church, because my life has been happy, my marriage has worked out, and my children are good, responsible people and we all love each other. Life hasn't always been easy, but when I look around and compare my life, I feel very blessed, compared to many I know.My journey brought me the understanding about spiritual things I was looking for. As a Mormon, I believe I have a Father-in-Heaven who loves me. I believe His Son, Jesus Christ, gave his life for me, so I can live again. I also believe in The Holy Ghost, who is my companion and guides and directs me.Being a Mormon has not always been easy because of others misunderstandings about my beliefs.For example: many of my family members and friends, who were members of other church's, were sure I didn't believe in Jesus Christ. They said I wasn't a Christian. They now know I am. In fact, the name of my church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". We now share what the Savior has done for each of us even though we go to different churches.They also didn't understand who Joseph Smith was. Many thought I worshipped him, but they now understand that he was a prophet, just like Moses. They know I only worship God.They didn't understand what the "Book of Mormon" was. They now know, it is a book of scripture, translated through Joseph Smith, by the power of God. A record of the ancient people of the America's. It is a companion to the Bible and proves the reality of Jesus Christ.One of the greatest challenges I had was to prove to others, and to myself, the reality of The Book of Mormon, because the Bible says that man should not add or take away from the book. My own understanding, of that passage, is that man should not, but I'm sure God can, if he chooses.Thankfully many who opposed me now have respect for me, because of how well my life has turned out.Why am I sharing these things? My hope is that those of other faiths and others will have a greater understanding of Mormons. Many now do!Being a Mormon may seem peculiar to you, but living the teachings of my faith is the reason I have a happy life.For instance: we are taught, not to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or use drugs. What a wonderful blessing this has been to me, as none of my grown children do these things and are teaching my grandkids the same. My father and grandfather were alcoholic and through my Church, I broke the destructive chain in my family.We are taught to have Family Home Evening, which is one night a week, usually Monday, when the whole family gathers together to share a special message, time together and even a treat. We discuss ways to be closer and solve problems.Because of my faith, I pray always, love the scriptures and know my Father and Jesus love me. I go to church on Sunday, but more than that, I have a wonderful way of life. I also have an extended family of church members who love me, help me and are my friends. They also helped me raised my children, righteously.Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts. My desire is that we are all more tolerant of each other's beliefs, whatever our faith, because we all do believe!In the mean time, I believe we should encourage and support each other, so we can be close, and fight "evil" which is trying to destroy us all.I hope I have helped you understand a little more of what it is like to be a Mormon.
Eva FryEva Fry's mission is to help others become better and happier. She is an inspirational author, singer/songwriter/ motivational speaker and seminar leader. Eva has published three books -
"YOU MUST HAVE A DREAM" -for seniors,
"BE A WINNER IN LIFE"-for good kids, troubled kids and their parents.
"LETTERS FROM JUVENILE HALL, KIDS HELPING KIDS" (Actual letters from kids at Juvenile Hall, intended to save other kids from destroying their lives)
She invites you to use the FREE ARTICLES she has written for: at- risk kids
Also FREE ARTICLES of inspiration to help meet life's challenges.

http://www.evafry.com

She has produced 7 Music CD's: REMEMBER (new music for seniors),
OH WHAT JOY CHIRSTMAS
THE LITTLE THINGS (inspirational country),
I LOVE LIVING THE TEACHINGS OF THE LORD (Gospel/Christian)
SAVIOR OF MINE – (Christian) GOD GAVE YOU INTELLIGENCE (for children) CLASSICAL STYLE (instrumental)Her music and books can be purchased at http://www.evafry.com

Her books can also be ordered at any bookstore.
email eva@evafry.comHer articles have been published, all over the world.
Keyword : Mormon, LDS, Latter-Day Saint, What Is It Like For Me To Be a Mormon? Religions, Book of Mormon,

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: